Sunday, September 27, 2009

Last-minute Plans Will Leave You in Underwear

I woke up this morning and I was supposed to study Marketing. Instead Me and Todd when to have breakfast at iHop and then I threw out the idea of going to the Botanical Garden in Dallas, TX. But first we chilled out on the patio:


Then we got ready and hopped on what Todd calls his "Ghetto Car", which is an old Pontiac that he bought at an action a few years ago. It really has a loud stereo system:
Anyway, problem was that last-minute plans always fail to be accomplished between me and Todd. On our way to Dallas at 2pm, we decided to stop by Ricardo and his partner Jeremy's house.

There, Jeremy, who was mowing the grass, insisted that it would have not been worth it going to the botanical garden so late, because it costs $10 to park and then another $12 to enter the garden, only to stay there 1 hour and then having to be kicked out of the park by the time it closes at 5pm.

So we stayed at Ricardo and Jeremy's and drank a shot of a typical Brazilian liquor (of which I don't remember the name, but I can confirm it was Brandy) and then we completely changed our plan.
We decided to go to Oak Lawn, the gay neighborhood in Dallas:


We parked along Cedar Spring road, and then had a walk along the street and stopped at a restaurant camed Cafe Brazil to have a glass of tea. There we met our friend Daniel, an artist who has a gallery in Oak Cliff, an arty neighborhood in Dallas.

Together with Daniel, we walked to a gay underwear store and thought it was time to get something for our New Orleans Halloween weekend. Well, I guess me and Todd rather bought some-no-thing, because while Todd bought a pair of showy leather underwear, I bought a cowboy costume which is just made of a brief underwear and a napkin on my neck! I will practically be running around naked in New Orleans and I already know I will be so embarrassed! This is what Daniel instead was about to buy, but fortunately we convinced him not to buy it because it was really a little bit too funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment